I may choose to ignore people who comment anonymously. I choose never to be anonymous online myself. I have little tolerance for this behavior.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ralph Rucci robes and Mormon Prophets? -- I don't think so . . .

In a May 5, 2010 Fashion & Style article entitled The Gimlet Eye: Welcome to the Club on The New York Times by Guy Trebay, he describes the attire of guests including the following passage.

Whoopi Goldberg and the Vogue eminence André Leon Talley made stately progress through the room in voluminous white Ralph Rucci robes reminiscent of vestments worn by Mormon prophets.


Since I do not want to violate copyright I will not copy the picture here. Access the article at the above link and scroll down to the picture of Whoopi Goldberg and AndrĂ© Leon Talley.

This statement is utterly ridiculous. Neither Mormons nor their leadership wear anything other than tacky modern dark suits unless at the temple where tacky modern white suits are substituted. Robes are never worn at all and never have been.

This writer is profoundly ignorant.

It would be funny if it were not so pathetic. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment